- .22 Conversion Kits
- A.R.M.S. Products
- AR-15 Back Up Iron Sights
- AR-15 Barrels
- AR-15 Barrel Parts
- AR-15 Stocks & Stock Parts
- AR-15 Custom Uppers (PKF Built)
- AR-15 Factory Built OEM Uppers
- AR-15 Handguards & Rail Covers
- AR-15 Keymod Accessories
- AR-15 Lower Parts & Triggers
- AR-15 Lower Receivers
- AR-15 Pistol Grips
- AR-15 Upper Receivers & Parts
- AR-15 Vertical Grips & Rails
- Bipods & Adapters
- Cleaning Supplies
- GG&G Tactical Products
- Gift Certificates
- KNS Precision Products
- Magazine Accessories
- Miscellaneous Products
- Optics & Scopes
- Optic Mounts & Accessories
- Slings & Accessories
- Tactical Lights / Lasers & Mounts
- Tools, Books, DVDs & Manuals
Ares Defense - MCR Belt Fed Upper - Semi Auto
ARES-15 MCR (Mission Configurable Rifle) Semi Auto Upper. Part # MCR-036
ARES Defense is proud to introduce the ARES-15 MCR; our newest platform for professional shooters who demand performance and mission flexibility from their weapons!
Key features include: reliable mid-length gas-piston operation, adjustable gas block, a (3 second) quick-change barrel, extreme-duty breech bolt, vented high performance barrel extension.
ARES-15 MCR Details:
- Caliber: 5.56x45mm NATO
- Barrel: The MCR & Shrike 5.56 Quick-Change barrels with Adjustable Gas Block, are turned and chambered on precision MAZAK CNC turning centers from high quality 4140 and 4150V barrel blanks. Muzzle threads are cut to ½ x 28 TPI to accept most common muzzle devices and silencer mounts. Each high-strength and vented proprietary barrel extension is then carefully assembled to a barrel and torqued to exact specifications, and each barrel assembly is then individually checked to ensure proper head spacing. Once they are cleaned and inspected, the chambers and bores are hard-chrome lined for durability and corrosion resistance by an outside plating company that specializes in processing military rifle and machine gun barrels. Upon return to our facility, each barrel is subjected to additional quality control measures before being completed with a rich dark manganese phosphate finish prior to installation of the gas block. Gas blocks are secured with twin 2/0 taper pins and barrels are then fitted with a crush washer and A2 flash hider. All MCR and Shrike 5.56 barrels are fully interchangeable.
- Upper: The MCR and Shrike 5.56 upper receiver bodies are precision machined from 7075-T651 billet and are Type III, Class II hard coat anodized black in accordance with MIL-Spec MIL-A-8625 for maximum durability and corrosion resistance. Featuring a MIL-STD 1913 rail handguard. As well as a Steel Parkerized feed tray.
- Bolt: The premium bolts are precision machined from a proprietary aerospace alloy and heat treated to exacting specifications. The proprietary 6-lug design provides more shear strength than traditional AR type bolts, and also features tangential radii at the tips and root of each lug to minimize the stresses that cause premature failures in the “square-cut” legacy design. The MCR/Shrike 5.56 bolt design was developed for sustained fire applications and is considered overbuilt by most rifle standards, providing a level of safety that is absent in most other rifle designs.
- Barrel Extension: The specially engineered barrel extensions are at the heart of the quick-change barrel design and are precision machined from a proprietary aerospace alloy and heat treated to exacting specifications. The proprietary design provides more shear strength than traditional AR type barrel extensions, and also features radii at the tips and root of each lug to minimize the stresses that cause premature failures in “square-cut” legacy barrel extensions. The MCR/Shrike 5.56 barrel extension was developed for sustained fire applications and features a special “blowout” relief in the event of a catastrophic bore obstruction, providing a level of safety that is absent in most other weapon designs.
- Bolt Carrier: Each high-performance MCR bolt carrier is precision machined from aerospace materials and heat treated to exact specifications. The increased mass of the MCR carrier and increased dwell section of the bolt cam slot ensure a longer lockup time prior to extracting the cartridge case. This robust component was developed for sustained fire applications and features a shrouded firing pin area to protect the firing pin head from potential transverse loading by the hammer.
- Billet Steel Phosphate plated feed tray
- Gas-Piston operation
- Quick change chrome lined 16.25" barrel
- 1:7 RH twist
- 1/2"-28 barrel threads
- MIL-STD 1913 rail handguard
- Precision machined 7075-T6 billet upper receiver
- Accepts standard AR15/M16 magazines or M27 disintegrating linked ammunition
- Ships with one bag of 100 M27 links
- Caliber - .223/5.56
Comes complete with, hard case, manual, 100 M27 Links, bolt catch, carbine stock spacer, and action spring.
THIS IS NOT AN NFA ITEM. THIS UPPER IS SEMI AUTOMATIC.